2010 YA Reading Challenge



I've decided to participate in my first reading challenge.  I found out about this from Jody at With A Good Book.  The challenge is being hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.  The rules are pretty simple:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.
3. Audio, eBooks, re-reads all count.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.

I'm going to do the Mini YA Challenge.  Some titles are linked to a quick review of the book.

1. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (Jan 19)
2. Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (Jan 31)
3. Specials by Scott Westerfeld (Feb 3)
4. The Straight Road to Kylie by Nico Medina (Feb 11)
5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Feb 21)
6.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Mar 12)
7.  Percy Jackson & the Olympians The Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan (Mar 20)
8. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Apr 4)
9. Greek: Double Date by Marsha Warner (May 15)
10. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (May 31)
11. MockingJay by Suzanne Collins (October 5)
12. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohen and David Levithan (December 4)

2 comments:

Jody at: February 9, 2010 at 2:53 AM said...

Good for you Jenn! We can cheer each other on. :)

My life in pictures and a few words » Blog Archive » 2010 Reading Challenge at: February 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM said...

[...] a goal of 50 books to read this year I knew I would to do second challenge to go along with the YA Challenge I’m already participating in.  I want to expand the types of books I read and I think this [...]

Post a Comment