Quick Review: Broadway Nights: A Romp of Life, Love, and Musical Theatre


Broadway Nights is the story of Stephen Sheerin, an aspiring Broadway conductor.  The story was told in a fun unique way. The book is actually Stephen's diary that he is writing in the hopes of selling it as a book when he becomes famous.  His therapist, Monikah (yes, he goes off on the spelling of the name), suggested that writing down his feelings might help him work through some issues.  Throughout the book we learn about Stephen's aspirations to conduct a Broadway show, his less than perfect relationship with his boyfriend, and his interesting family.  Stephen even explains all of the Broadway terminology for his future readers who may not be versed in the theatre.


I really enjoyed this book.  Stephen seemed like someone I would be friends with, if he wasn't fictional.  I literally laughed out loud many times while reading this.  I'm really glad I just happened to see this when I was at the library last week.  I may pick up a copy just so I can read it again in the future.


Rating: Thumbs Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment