Shoes, running, and sushi

Well I finally started my training for the Long Beach half marathon. I met up with Chris to go running shoe shopping. We went to the Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills to be properly fitted for shoes. They have a system there, called Shoe Dog, to help you pick out the proper shoes. They have you stand and walk on a mat to see the arch of your foot and how you walk. The last part of the fitting process is to be taped running on a treadmill so they can see how you run. I tried out my new shoes on my first training run (walk). We found a neighborhood with a parkish area and ran (walked) 3.48 miles!!! I haven't worked out in a long time so I was quite proud of myself. I did more walking than running, but one day at a time right? It was a good start for my training. We topped off the evening with some sushi at You and I Sushi! (I love the volcano rolls!). I'll keep updating this blog with my training progress. I'm so tired and glad that tomorrow is a work holiday so I get to sleep in.

Here are my new shoes:
[caption id="attachment_21" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="New running shoes"]New running shoes[/caption]

1 comments:

chris at: July 3, 2009 at 4:26 AM said...

hurrah!! great job on your first day!

Post a Comment