Lea Michele named one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine

[caption id="attachment_291" align="alignleft" width="225" caption="Mathias Clamer / Fox"][/caption]

 Time magazine released the 2010 100  Most Influential People List.  Lea Michele from Glee &  Spring Awakening was among the artists chosen for the list.  Olivia Newton-John "interviewed" her for the story.  It wasn't much of an interview, but I'm glad to see Lea get recognition for inspiring others to get involved in musical theatre. I think it's something the show Glee does as a whole, but with the talent Lea has I can see why she was singled out for the list.  

 I was a musical theatre geek growing up.  I have very fond memories of that time of my life.  My experiences being involved in theatre shaped who I am as a person (the good and the bad). I think the dedication and commitment needed to perform in 2-4 shows a year and attend various types of classes (voice, dancing, etc...) multiple days a week taught me a lot about perseverance and dedication (as well as life in general).  As a kid, it's good to be involved and have something that you are proud of doing.  It's also a great way to interact with others and learn that even though life has its disappointments you'll make it through.  There were parts I really wanted that I didn't get, but I didn't give up.  I practiced harder so for the next show my audition would be even better.   I've applied that to my career.  It's fantastic to hear that kids are getting inspired to get in to the crazy world that is theater. 

 Here is a link to Lea Michele's article: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1984685_1984940_1985535,00.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment