Top Five of the Week: 4/18-4/24/11

1: Community
This week's "clips" show was one of the funniest yet.   As a huge lover of 80s sitcoms,  I love that they do "classic" 80s sitcom episodes.  I loved the Glee parody, the love of The Cape, and the "flashback" of Britt stealing Annie's chapstick.  I've already watched this episode 3 times.


2: The Office
While not the best episode of the series, it won my heart with parody of Seasons of Love.  Jim Halpert singing a version of Rent *swoon*


3: God of Carnage
Today I went to see God of Carnage at the Ahmanson.  I really enjoyed the show.  We were lucky enough to see the show with all of the cast: Jeff Daniels, Hope Davis, Marsha Gay Harden, and James Gandolfini.  The premise is two couples working out a situation between their sons and the craziness that ensues.  My friend, Chris, told me it's being made into a movie with Kate Winslet.  I'm curious to see that version.


4. Tina Fey & Steve Martin
Tina Fey is on a promotional tour for her book, Bossypants.  On Tuesday I attended an event where she was interviewed by Steve Martin about the book.  How awesome to see two such great people.  The questions Steve asked lead to answers that I'm sure are in the book, but it was still great.  I was hoping to get Tina's autograph in the book, but the line for that was crazy long and we decided against it.

5. Pinterest
This website is such a time sucker, but it's fun.  It's an easy way to share links and information amongst friends.  If you're on it let me know. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment