iPad App Review: Zinio

I love the idea of being able to read magazines on my iPad.  I actually stopped buying magazines because they would just pile up unread.  The one problem with the most magazine apps is that you have to download an app for each magazine.  In comes the Zinio app. This app allows you to purchase and read multiple magazines in one app.  Also to save space you can remove them from your iPad and download them again later if you want to reread them.  As the owner of the small GB sized iPad I really appreciate that.  When you download the app and set up an account you get to try out some magazines.  Last weekend I decided to buy a magazine and really try it out.  I bought the latest issue of US Weekly (don't judge!).  It was great. I tweeted about the app and was lucky enough to get a couple of subscriptions for free.  I really like how the app functions, but I have a little concern with the charges.  I bought a subscription to Martha Stewart Living and the one issue of US Weekly.  A few days later I checked my checking account online and saw that I was charged a Visa international assessment for each purchase. Now the charge wasn't that much, but I was unaware of it.  I have emailed the company about and am waiting for a response.  I just found it odd, but it probably wouldn't stop me from buying more magazines since the fee was so small.  Tip: WebMD is a good free issue when you sign up.  It really shows the functionality of the app.





0 comments:

Post a Comment